Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Monday, June 6, 2011

To-die-for-gooey-chocolate-lava-cake

I know I said I'd post the green tomatoes and onions au gratin next, but I just made these, and they were soooooooooo good I just couldn't wait to post this recipe!!!

  • 4 oz bittersweet chocolate squares or chips
  • 4 oz semisweet chocolate squares or chips
  • 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 stick) butter
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar (reg sugar works fine too)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons orange liquor (OR just squeeze half an orange into the mixture)

Grease 6 6oz custard cups. In a large bowl, melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave (about 2 minutes stirring once in between). Stir in the flour and sugar. Then the eggs and yolks until smooth, and the vanilla and orange liqueur (or orange juice). Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups. Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes on 425. Don't try sticking a fork in the middle, cus it won't come out clean...duh! it's a lava cake!

Kevin ate two of them right off the bat, he loved how moist and gooey they were! It's so easy you've gotta try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment