Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken Adobo-Super duper yummy!


I know I always say things are easy, but this is really easy, and super delicious. Please try it!

All you need is:

  • 6 chicken drumsticks
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 dried bay leaves (optional)
For the gravy at the end:
  • 1 tablespoons arrowroot (or flour)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 large limes)
  • 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
  • Lime wedges to decorate :)

So first season the drumsticks with salt and pepper, and brown them lightly on a big pan or dutch oven with the garlic and a little olive oil.

In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar and red pepper flakes.

Then pour the mix into the chicken and bring it to a boil. Add the chicken stock and basil leave. Reduce heat to medium.

Now you can go sit and relax. It'll cook by itself for about 45 minutes. All you need to do is flip the chicken every 15 minutes so that all the sides are getting all that good flavor!

When the chicken's cooked, (about 45 mins) remove the chicken and return heat to high. Add in the gravy ingredients and whisk for about 7 minutes. Pour on top of the chicken and serve it with some mashed potatoes and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment