Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pancetta and arugula Turkey Meatloaf



  • 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf pasley
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Romano
  • 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
  • 10 ounces sliced pancetta, about 10 slices
  • 3 cups arugula, about 3 ounces
Put it all in one big bowl (EXCEPT for the pancetta) and get your hands in it!! mix it all together really good.
Then using a small square baking dish covered in aluminum foil, place the pancetta around the bottom and sides of the dish. Then pour the meat mixture on top of the pancetta and press it down firmly. Bake it in the over at 425o for about 45 or until the top is browned.

When you think the meat is cooked through, nice and brown, take the dish out, and flip it into a plate so that the pancetta side is up, as seen on the picture.

I'd recommend the fried polenta and some nice rice to go along with it. Make this, and I promise you will impress people...and its as always, so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment