Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Friday, December 3, 2010

Finals week... :/

I know i know I'm slacking... I promise I will put thanksgiving dinner recipes and the cheesecake recipe up. I just have about a million finals right now and there's just no time :( I promise as soon as I can I'll be back guys!

Meanwhile however, YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR RECIPES!!! :D

5 comments:

  1. This best Pumpkin Pie recipe is well...the best and most delicious one I have tried. I
    personally am not a real fan of pumpkin, but I do enjoy this recipe with maybe just a little bit of whipped cream. "yummy"

    What you need:


    * 1/2 can pure pumpkin (I use ED Smith)
    * 2 eggs
    * 1 cup packed brown sugar
    * 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    * 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
    * 1/4 tsp. ginger
    * 1/4 tsp. salt
    * 3/4 cup evaporated milk
    * 1 nine inch pie shell


    What you do:
    Beat eggs slightly in a medium size bowl. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in evaporated milk then pour into pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Decrease temp. to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes.

    This Pumpkin Pie Recipe was contributed by Best Recipes Ever...you will not find a better Pumpkin Pie Recipe anywhere. And don't forget the whipped cream.


    That's my best recipe! Hope you enjoy it - I know your husband will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who wrong this? lol It says Kevin Chaney...? I'm a little confused lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reggie's family had us share recipes for Christmas while we cooked. I'll share my two favorites from that day.

    My Nana Lyles' Mac-n-Cheese
    1 1/2 lb elbow macaroni
    1/2 stick butter
    2 1/2 cups milk
    1 egg beaten
    2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
    2 cups shredded mild cheddar
    2 cups shredded colby jack
    salt/pepper to taste

    Preheat oven to 375. Boil macaroni until al dente (about 10 mins). Drain and butter the macaroni. Coat a 9x11" pan with cooking spray. Then put down a layer of macaroni, then layer 1 cup of each cheese. Make another layer with the remaining macaroni and top with the remaining cheese. Beat the egg and add 1 1/2 cup of milk and mix. Then, pour egg and milk over the mac and cheese (best coating is done in a figure 8 pattern). Then pour over the remaining milk. Bake until browned on top and bubbling



    Corn Casserole
    1 pack jiffy corn mix
    1 can cream corn
    1 can whole kernel corn
    8 oz sour cream
    1 stick butter
    2 cups cheese (we used mild cheddar)

    Preheat oven to 350. Mix the jiffy mix, both types of corn, and sour cream together and spread in pan. We used a pyrex bowl but an 11x9 inch pan would work too. Then, melt the stick of butter and pour over top the mixture in the pan. Then cover with cheese. Bake in oven about 25-30 minutes or until center is fully cooked (I'm not sure on the exact time).

    Enjoy! I'm having fun keeping up with your blog. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lauren!...Sorry I've stopped for so long- I'm slammed with classes this semester. 24 hours to be exact :( No more cooking time for me :'( I'll get back as soon as I can. Thanks a bunch for your recipes though!! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, boo! That's a lot of credit hours! Best of luck with that! :) Let me know how the recipes turn out!

    ReplyDelete