Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

THANKSGIVING BON BONS:D

So this week, since I need to do some blogging assignments for class I figured I would do a little more sharing and a little less recipes... Don't worry, I'll post recipes at the end :)

Tomorrow morning me and Kevin will be headed on our 12 hour drive to Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with his family. My mom and dad will also be driving from Charlotte, NC to spend the weekend with us also. It'll be the first thanksgiving we all spend together since we have been married :D

I am ESPECIALLY excited about this thanksgiving because 1. my wonderful mother-in-law let me make up a menu for thanksgiving dinner and I am helping cook everything! :D I am soooooooo excited for this! All of us ladies in the kitchen cooking up a big feast...its just going to be such an awesome dream for me!
2. because since me and Kevin, my parents, and half of his family are going to Brasil for Christmas this year, we will actually be opening presents and doing our Christmas early. We'll have thanksgiving dinner on Friday, decorate the tree, then open gifts!! How exciting is that!!
and 3. because I love my family! They are SUCH a blessing in my life and getting to go home and see everyone is so refreshing and much needed. Pensacola's been very lonely :( Me and Kevin both miss everyone a lot!

Well, be praying that we'll have a safe trip! It's suppose to get down to the 30s on Thursday so I'm also excited to FINALLY bring out my boots, scarfs and coats, since Pensacola won't give me any kinda cold weather to wear them! :/

I'll keep you guys posted on how the weekend's going. Hopefully I'll have time in between all the cooking and thanksgiving/christmas festivities!

xoxo,
Gabriela

I wouldn't dear blog without leaving a recipe behind!
here are some special bon bons I made to take the fam for a nice little treat after dinner!

Chocolate chip/Pecan/Cookie Dough Bon Bons

-1/2 cup butter, softened
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cups all -purpose flour
-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
-1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped

In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in vanilla, and gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in Chocolate chips and pecans. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip the balls in coating, allowing access to drip off; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 mins. If you want, you can remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies (This was a step I was not able to master yet :/ , but it doesn't change the flavor at all so...no worries :)
Store in the refrigerator.

The flavorful filling at the center of these yummy candies tastes like genuine chocolate chip cookie dough...without the worry of uncooked eggs. Plus, they're SO easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment