Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Monday, November 15, 2010

Fail Proof Fudge!

Guess who just learned to make some delicious fudge :)!!! After Kevin's been begging me for EVER since its his favorite snack I finally decided to make it. I couldnt find a recipe that sounded right at first... and after hearing so many horror story and unsuccessful bakes I was scared to make it... but I kind of just changed a little from a basic recipe and used some helpful hints and it turned out DELICIOUS!

Now, me being a Smores fanatic and not really liking fudge much myself, I did half of this recipe Fudge Smores...Even better! That way your true fudge fans can have their simple chocolate fudge and those of you who like a little more and dont like just plain fudge can eat the other half!

So its super simple..
In a small calphalon or non stick pot over the lowest heat possible add:
-3 tbsp of unsalted butter (room temperature and cut into small cubes)
-1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
-1/2 cup of dark chocolate (or bittersweet chocolate) morsels
-1/2 cup of regular chocolate morsels
-1 can of sweetened condensed milk
-1 tsp of vanilla extract

Stir constantly for about 7-8 minutes...it takes a little while, but i promise it will eventually all melt! Just don't get impatient and turn up the heat cus then youre in trouble ;)


When it's all melted remove from heat and set aside.

Then line a small square pan with foil paper, letting the edges fall over on sides.
Grease the foil lined pan on bottom and all sides with a little butter using the help of a paper towel.

If you want to do the smores: on half the pan, put down Graham cracker squares and then place small marshmallows on top.
Then pour fudge on pan evenly spreading it to all edges.
Refrigerate for 2 hours and then using your left over foil on the sides pick up the fudge and remove the foil from under it. Cut into even squares.

This really is such an easy and delicious treat to make! I hope you will try! Kevin LOVED them!

No comments:

Post a Comment