Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A heavenly afternoon treat!

Sorry it took a while to have another recipe posted... school, holiday festivities and the flu have been keeping me away from cooking lately. Aaaaandddd I'm still waiting on some recipes people!!! :D

This is something really easy you can make in like 30 minutes that is so full of flavor and a little different than your usual afternoon snack!


Cheesy Scones with Turkey Pate'

Something about Scones just gives me that feeling that I'm just a little more special than to eat just plain bread. I love all kinds of scones! I've never made sweet ones and would LOVE to have a recipe for some that are as yummy as the Starbucks ones so I dont have to keep spending 5 bucks on them...lol
I have just learned how to make some easy cheesy ones that will make you feel like you're back at grandmas house eating homemade southern-style heaven! And if that weren't good enough, I complimented them with some pate to spread on top of them that my daddy taught me how to make :)!

So first you will need for the Scones:
-3 cups flour
-1 n 1/2 tbsp baking powder
-1 n 1/2 tsp of salt
-3/4 cup of heavy cream (or buttermilk)
-1/2 lb of cheddar cheese (small diced)
-1/3 lb of cold butter
-3 large eggs beaten
-1/2 cup of (oregano, dill...whatever kind of herbs you like, it'll give it a nice flavor!)

Mix dry ingredients(flour, b. powder, and salt) together, than add the butter and mix on slow speed. It should look like a bunch of little tiny balls. Mix eggs and cream together then slowly add them to flour/butter mixture. Then add the cheese and herbs until nicely mixed together.

(this next step is optional... I have found that if you want to skip it, it doesn't make a big difference and saves you a big mess.. but its up to you!)
-Spread a little flour on a surface, than knead the mixture until all is well-incorporated.

Then, either use a 2-in cutter and cut out squares, or take an ice cream scoop and place them on a baking pan (either w/ parchment paper, or lightly greased).-Make an egg wash with one egg and a tbsp of water and brush over top of scones

-Bake on 400F for 20 to 25 minutes until outside is golden brown!

For the PATE (super easy!)
-In a blender or food processor, put in 1 cup of your favorite sandwich meat... turkey, ham, chicken, tuna. Whatever you'd like. It can be sliced, but it works a little better if they're diced. Then add a/b 1 cup of mayonnaise, a tbsp of mustard, 1/3 cup of pitted olives, a couple celery sticks if ya have them, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all until it has a pasty texture. You can refrigerate it for a few minutes if you'd like. Pates are suppose to be served cold.

Spread it on top of your delicious scone and voi-la'! You have a yummy afternoon snack or lunch that will take you less than 30 minutes to make!

I have to make breakfast for our Sunday school class tomorrow so I'm going to try some poppy-seed crumble muffins... Made it up and I don't know if those will go together but I'm going to try! lol I'll tell you the recipe tomorrow depending on how they turn out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment