Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fran's Doce de Leite

My sweet little cousin Francine gave me a recipe for one of my favorite hard candy from Brasil. There is a liquid form of this also, but the hard form is even better!

So, to make DOCE DE LEITE...

-1 can of sweetened condensed milk
-(using the condensed milk can) 2 cans of sugar
-1 tbsp of butter

Bring all to medium heat in a pot, mixing constantly. When sugar starts to barely burn (gettng a little harder) pour it over on a flat surfaced dish that you've had refrigerated for a few minutes. (dish, or plate must be cold) Let it sit for a couple minutes, then cut the "doce de leite" into small 2-4 in. squares. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until it's hardened, pull apart pieces off the plate!

Thanks Fran!!

No comments:

Post a Comment