Lettuce begin!

LETTUCE BEGIN!!
I have recently required an absolute tremendous passion for cooking.
Now that I got married and actually have my own kitchen and someone
to cook for I cook everyday, and usually about four times a day!

I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and share recipes.
Mostly in the hopes that people will share theirs with me in return :)
But also just because cooking gives me such joy that I think should be shared!

From time to time I try to make some authentic Brasilian dishes,
which might interest those of you that want to try something really different.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I will, and thanks for all the recipes in advance!!
Xoxo,

Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Wine makes a symphony of a good meal!"-F.Garvin

Super Easy Delicious White Wine Sauce

Just finished cooking and eating dinner with Kev, and ran over here to share this yummy sauce I just came up with. I started out with some Turkey polska kiełbasa (it's less fattening than just regular smoked sausage and tastes the same!) And I decided to pair it with some angel hair noodles. Kielbasa already has so much flavor, so I didn't want to do a strong tasting sauce, but I didn't want to just do an olive oil base either.

So, in a small pot, I first sauteed about 1/4 cup of onions in minced garlic and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Then I added to the pot about 1 cup of white wine (pinot grigio is what I tried with, but I'm sure most white wines will work!), 3/4 can of "creme de leite" (crema), which you can find at most grocery stores here, but you can also use about 3/4 cup of heavy cream; I have powdered chicken bouillon and I used maybe a little more than 1 tbsp, so I think 1 whole cube might be a little too much. (I use this in EVERYTHING btw, its amazing!); 1 tbsp of butter, a little salt, and some parsley.

I was about to find more stuff to add thinking it wasn't going to be tasty enough, when I tasted and it was SOOO good! I used Kevin, my brutally honest husband, to double check thinking for sure he was going to say "it's okay", but he loved it!

After the noodles were cooked and I had sauteed the kielbasa in some olive oil, I joined the noodles and the sauce and put the kielbasas on top. It was a great, super-easy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment